Sunday, January 30, 2011

Anne and Gilbert

In a superlatively good mood.

Might have something to do with the song Kiss Me, or the ongoing rain, or the three back-to-back-to-back Criminal Minds episodes last night, or the fact that I didn't get to dream about Reid again but dreamed of Neal Caffrey instead.

Or it could be because of this...

Today there were only four of us in Bible Knowledge class. Today was also the first day I actually really spoke to a boy in my class named Gilbert, who of course also attends confirmation with me, being the same age. And because it was the first time I actually spoke to this Gilbert, I decided to screw up all my courage and tell him why his presence in BK class, together with another one of my BK classmates, a girl, has made me so inexplicably happy these past thirteen months.

You see, Gilbert's name is Gilbert. (Of course.)
The girl's name is Anne.

AKLSAJROUEROUIDSFJLKAJSADSRKJJDFKSDJOF.

Gilbert. And Anne. The only Gilbert I've ever known, and one of the few Annes I do know. In the same class. I remember there was one time last year when Gilbert and Anne sat together. I think I spent the whole of that class fairly wriggling with ecstasy, and I remember it until today. I remember how indescribably delighted I was the first day Gilbert joined our class, and how my mind made the connection instantly.


My most favourite picture of Gilbert Blythe and Anne Shirley ever. From the back of my own copy of Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables.

This does not mean, of course, that the Gilbert and Anne of my BK class will ever end up getting married with seven kids.

Yes, by now you will have realised that this whole episode is just proof that I am rather mentally unhinged, comparing my BK classmates to literary characters merely because they share the same names. But so sue me. For as long as I attend BK classes for my SPM (yes, I am taking it!), and as long as both Anne and Gilbert are in it, I will continue being the happiest Bible Knowledge student in my class.



P.S. Gilbert (the real one) took what I told him well in his stride. I don't see why my sister thinks I shouldn't have told him when I only just started talking to him, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment