Monday, April 4, 2011

Out and In

I went for ICC this year, because it was on Cha's birthday, and because the amazing Kee Joey and the amazing Nicole Low were performing.

Happy belated birthday, Chalystha Lee!


And congratulations Deviation! You guys did really well.


Letters #3, #6, and #9 done solely by yours truly.

Basically on that day what we did was zoom around the whole of KL on trains. I've not had much experience taking public trains, but the amount of train rides I took on Saturday was more than enough to make up for it. I am now a pro.

Two little first things happened on that day, as well, one good, one, er, not so good.

Firstly, as Gan and I were leaving Fahrenheit 88 mall, I saw a popcorn vendor. On a whim I went up to the popcorn dude and asked him how much was one. He told me it was free.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but I got free popcorn. :')

The second thing was that someone called me a hooker.

-___-

It isn't nice, when you're walking a KL street in broad daylight, to have one of those losers sitting on the sidewalk waiting to get hit by a car go "Amoi, berapa harga" at you.

-___-

Okay, no need to say KL la. It's about an eight minute walk to my church, five if I run (six if I'm running while choking on my toast), along a main road, and half the time I don't make it to church without being whistled, honked or leered at, and there's not a single day I can walk without having to worry about getting snatch-thefted by motorcyclists. Sometimes I wonder if the extra minutes of sleep is worth the hassle I go through walking alone to church on a bright Sunday morning.

And don't think you're safe, anywhere. School isn't as safe as you think it is, girls.

Okay, I need to go now. I have decided that if I'm going to sit for BK I'm going to do it properly, so this is what my reading list looks like right now.

The Atlas of Past Times (for BK and Sejarah)
The Old Testament of the Bible (for BK)
Hamlet (for myself)
About 8 textbooks (for my mom)


I need to be able to read this fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment