Monday, March 28, 2011

Láska

I've been neglecting my blog. Maybe because mostly blog posts aren't good if they don't have some thought to them. And I'm just so afraid of thinking nowadays. I just don't want to. It's tiring, and since I have that coveted ability of going days on end without thinking, I decided to make full use of it.

But here's the post, thought-based or otherwise - which will probably just take forever.

Post title means "love" in Slovakian, so you know what this is about.


No, don't roll your eyes at me, the Jane Austen. I'll keep this short. (In case you didn't get it: Jane Austen was the spinster authoress of six love-centric love novels.)

I think you could find out a lot about someone just by asking them what they think about love, if they would answer.

(There, that was short, wasn't it?)

Oh, since we're on the topic of l'amour (French), let me tell you that after I perfect Pink's Effin' Perfect, I went chasing down a lovely song I've heard a Vanessa Mae rendition of. It wasn't easy. It's the "Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet", which was on the soundtrack of the Romeo & Juliet (1968) movie as "Time For Us". It was very popular, meaning there were a lot of different versions, which just complicated things. In the end I had to listen to it and write down theoretically-incorrect notes (on self-drawn barlines) in order to play it on my baby - my violin. This, for someone as unmusically inclined as I, is extremely difficult to do.

These are the three versions that helped me (credit where it's due).


This is the movie soundtrack version. I cried when I listened to it - it has that much raw emotion in the song and movie clips.


The Vanessa Mae rendition that helped me the most.


Andre Rieu

Romeo & Juliet was one of the greatest love stories ever told, no contest. Just look at the legacy it inspired.

I still haven't really made up my mind about Titanic.

Oh, and one more thing.

I don't like Bruno Mars. For some reason I think he looks like a dentist. Must be his freakishly perfect teeth. I miss the music in the 90's and the noughties. If this is what girls nowadays call romantic, they really need to broaden their music range. 

Although Glee version was awesome... come on."We're looking for something dumb to do - oh look let's get married - noone has to know! Don't worry, if we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool, at least it was fun, girl."
and no I don't find Grenade romantic, either.

This, on the other hand, would just make one...

Girlfriend Wanted
Matthew Gray Gubler

must love decorating for holidays
mischief
kissing in cars
and wind chimes

no specific height
weight
hair color
or political affiliation required
but would prefer a warm spirited non racist

cynics
critics
pessimists
and “stick in the muds” need not reply

voluptuous figures a plus
any similarity in look, mind set, or fashion sense to
mary poppins
claire huxtable
snow white
or elvira wholeheartedly welcomed

i am dubious of actresses, fellons, and lesbians
but dont want to rule them out entirely

must be tolerant of whistling
tickle torture
james taylor
and sleeping late

i have a slight limp
eerily soft hands
and a preternatural love of autumn

I once misinterpreted being called a coal-eyed dandy as a compliment when it was intended as an insult
I wiggle my feet in my sleep
am scared of the dark
and think the Muppets Christmas Carol is one of the greatest films of all time

all i want is
butterfly kisses in the morning
peanut butter sandwiches shaped like a heart
and to make you smile until it hurts


...smile until it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment