Thursday, November 18, 2010

Karoake and HP7PI

I'm still working on my prefect camp post. It's long and meticulous 'cause that's the way I roll, but honestly I don't see what good anyone will get out of reading it other than a newfound appreciation of bathing and wariness of perverted molesters.

Today we hit 1U to belatedly celebrate Gan's birthday by karaokeing at Neway. It was also Aqeemul's birthday today. Happy birthday mongkay, whatever you're not reading this, but we love you and we know deep down you love us too. Jumped and danced on the sofas like wild things with the waiters walking in and out staring at us. Next time we go to Neway I bet we'll see a sign saying "Please do not jump and dance on the sofas like wild things", with some spelling errors, because it's Neway.

And then just now:


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I

In your face, suckers. That's why I sedang rajin blogging now. Just to rub it in everyone's face. 'cause I went to watch it with my sister already. Hah. Good movie. Thank God they split it in two. More time for fighting, conversation, character expansion or just breathing. They actually had time enough to follow the book. Not like in previous movies. Even split in half I couldn't get enough of the movie. Cried a lil at the end. Kay la I won't spoil it for you. Mostly I enjoyed the movie because Hermione was so hot. God. Hermione is hot. She was so cute when she was young and then she grew up hot. Plus she's pretty. No la, she was always pretty. But wait. Did I mention she's hot?









Now, because I do not want to end this post on a completely bimboticly lesbian note. (Please, I was kidding when I said Emma Watson's attractiveness was the reason why I liked the movie.) I've always taken one's appreciation of Harry Potter as a measure of his or her intelligence. It doesn't mean if you're a fanatic you're a mind-whopper. No, you don't have to like it. But the Harry Potter books are a really well-woven masterpiece, and if you will realise that only if you are intelligent enough to. Because the whole thing is just mind-boggling, and I can guarantee you there are few people in this world who can explain every aspect of the HP plot after reading it through only once. And if you think that you can do it, my friend, you're not digging deep enough. Lastly, respect must be given to geniuses where it's due, so respect must be given to Madame Joanne Kathleen Rowling. 

So stop comparing Harry Potter to Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment