Saturday, April 18, 2009

Bengkel KPM 1

Hi, people.
jacie tan cheng hwee is back.
The Bengkel 1 Konsert Pendidikan Malaysia (this is the first, there are THREE)
was on the 14-18th April 2009.
The real thing (attended by the Agung, and all the Education Ministers of the Commonwealth countries, like I dunno, the countries of the Commonwealth I guess)
is on the 17th of June.
You guys heard me freak out before.
This is after. I wanna give you all a pretty detailed story, so it's a long post.

the view frm my roomthe view frm the coffee house

We stayed at the Kuala Lumpur International Hotel, which is really nice.
Like, really, really nice for a cheap hotel, with lovely food and everything, and the view.
Breathtaking.
Or, to do Mr Sammy credit, when I saw it, I was "lost for words".
From both my room and the dining room.
Nice hotel though. If for some psychotic reason I'd want to stay in a cheap hotel in KL, I'd choose this.

Erm, I went there, thinking I was gonna be sad and alone, but boy was I wrong.
I'm gonna give a bio on every person I know there. Okay, not every, but to start with:
THE SAMADIANS.
God help us. Four of us are just too much for one hotel to take.
WE ARE FREAKING RETARDED.

this is how retarded we are


Nasirah became my big sister there, and I love her so much xD.
She's a diploma in violin, and she's the only one with a super cool super fast super tough
Vanessa Mae piece (Red Hot) to play solo.
When I heard her play that my heart felt so proud of her. You go Nasirah!
She kept me company all the time and she totally rocks.
She stayed upstairs from my room, and her roommates, two chinese Sarawakian sisters and a nice Malay girl Baiti are so nice they rock too. All four in her room are violinists.



Herman, who was not there for the whole camp, is a singer, and erm... well, Herman...
We discovered some things about you when you eat. Interesting.
He rooms with a short bald Penang cellist, a tall bald Penang cellist, and someone else.
His room is like opposite mine. The cellists are retarded and ANNOYING.



Edmund the most RETARDED of us all. God. I can't ever look at him the same way again.
He, erm... he's.... I'd better just leave it to your imagination.
He rooms with Fanzi, Ee Liang, and another Malay dude.
He's in love with Fanzi, who's from Sabah, and who rocks the house with his vocals.
Edmund thinks Fanzi has cool hair, and his eyes shine when he talks about Fanzi.
Ee Liang, the violinist is not retarded, very innocent and sweet. Haha. Poor him.

My roommates are two trainee teachers who are backup vocals, a Malay and a Dusun.
They're pretty nice, and Kak Ifti takes good care of me.
The other roommate... is Rebecca Jane Joseph.
Call her Rebecca Jane.
She's.... well, she's something. She's.... she's from an outskirt school in Kajang.
And... her parents (both father and mother) come into our room everyday.
They.... like to scold her, when I'm sleeping.
She's........................................ no comment.

In our orchestra, we play all the music that is to be sung.
So in the concert there's no like pre-recorded music or anything.
It's all us.
So, we have like, I dunno, 20 violinists, 20 brass/wind, 4 celloists, and the RHYTHM section.
I LOVE THE RHYTHM SECTION.
I love staring at them.
They consist of the drummer, pianist, organist, electric guitarist, guitarist, bassist, and percussionists.
THEY ARE SOOOOO COOL.
Coolest being, of course, the drummer and the pianist.
The drummer is super cool, he's always late, and he plays best when he's got his headphones on.
SOMEONE (not saying who) thinks he looks hot with his headphones on.
The pianist is our conductor's son, he composes a lot of our songs, and he doesn't even look at the notes. He's a very smiley person.

My schedule over there is basically:
6.15 - wake up
7.00 - breakfast
8.00-12.00 - training
12.00-2.00 - lunch/rest
2.00-4.30 - training
4.30-8.00 - rest/dinner
8.00-10.30 - training

They give us breaks, but the daily 9 hours of training, sitting down with your neck clamped on your violin is no joke.
The songs are hard, and there are a lot of them. Erm, 20+, I think?
Sectionals is horrible, too.
Orchestra's not so bad.
The singers have it easy, they get to have fun and exercise and dance.
Musicians don't get that privilege.
That's why although the fed us vitamins, a lot of us fell sick (including me!)
Yeah, they literally made sure we swallowed our pills every morning.
Yuck.

I don't wanna dwell on the emo stuff I went through, but basically on the 2nd day I was a mess, though I picked up after the 3rd day.
I went home on Friday. On Friday there was this preview of the concert, and a Dato' director of education something came.
It was cool, we played 6 songs. I wasn't nervous, I was pretty excited.
My family came, so they could take me home after that (YAY!)
Everyone said it was great, but until that performance, I wasn't really sure I wanted to go through with this thing. Now I know I really want this, though I'm gonna have to work like **** on the songs and with homework and studies and all.
Oh, and it was funny, they had a sorta video presentation at that preview and I was in it.
I was in it even longer that Edmund and Nasirah and Herman put together.
I was sitting down during sectionals training, holding my violin, and I was laughing and looking so happy, though I can't remember when I looked so happy.
They kept zooming in on my face for like so long. Wtf.

So that's all. If you made it through this super long post, congratulations. If not, too bad.
Muaxx.

OH YEAH.
I'd like to thank those who made my ordeal there bearable for me.
Those who contacted me everyday, sms or call, it don't matter,
Li Sar, Chalystha, Gan, Xin You, and family
Those who were with me there
Nasirah, Edmund, Herman, the Perak girls, Kak Ifti and Kak Emily.
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment