Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hamlet, Prince of Denmark


Oh God. You know "The Prince and Me"? Well, Shakespeare's a pretty big part of the show. I have this huge book of all of Shakespeare's written works, so I dug it out and checked up the sonnet mentioned in the movie. I found the sonnet (Sonnet 148, which is really sweet), and that was okay, but then Paige mentioned "Hamlet, this whiny prince from Denmark". I recalled reading the bloody story, and then I realised I don't remember anything about it. So now my task is to finish reading "Hamlet, Prince of Denmark". Properly. Without skipping any lines or useless speeches. Trust me, it's not easy at all. I started last night and have finished a grand total of 4 pages. I could hardly keep my eyes open. I read the same paragraph like, 3-4 times and still didn't understand it. At all. No kidding. I wonder if one day I'll be able to finish reading all of Shakespeare's works, plays, sonnets, poems and all.

Anyway, as you can see, I can get very obsessed by some random movie. Which is why I absolutely cannot read chick lits or useless bimbo movies. Because then I'll turn into some useless bimbo chick. I get easily swayed by movies and books that I really like. I guess maybe because I pay attention to details in movies and books that others don't, until I get absorbed?

No comments:

Post a Comment