Thursday, October 29, 2009

Writing

Argh. I've started writing again, and now I remember why I wanted so badly to stop in the first place. It's hard. It's so hard to get up with a good story line and let it unfold. It's worse still when you have no one to help you out. Now I understand why all the authors always thank a tonne of people in their Acknowledgements. Because without that tonne of people, the book never would've seen the light of day. And I don't have a tonne of people. No-one (that I'm close with) actually gets this. It's so frustrating and not helpful at all. Which is pretty sad. I'm never going to be able to do anything in Science or Maths (this coming from the girl taking Pure Science next year) but it's not as if I'm going to be able to succeed in Language. I mean, my English is merely mediocre at best. I don't have anyone to help me improve it anyway. To improve a language, you've gotta practice speaking with someone, right? And not just some half-past-six standard of English. Therefore, it's deteriorating day by day. Now I'm just stuck. Continue writing this lame story I've started, or start a new one and go through the whole process of struggling before I give up again?

No comments:

Post a Comment