Monday, November 16, 2009

Jacie

My name is Jacie Tan Cheng Hwee. My chinese name means "smart in a quiet way". My first name was created to rhyme with 'Jeannie' and 'Jamie'.

Jacie is a pretty tough name for some people to pronounce. 'Jessie' doesn't do it, neither do all those other ways you pronounce my name. 'JC' also sounds different than 'Jacie'. There's a very subtle difference. Like Anne of Green Gables once said, when you pronounce a name, you can see it being spelt out in your mind, and that makes all the difference in the world.


There are just some people who can say my name with a knack. Jacie. The way those rare people say it makes me feel so happy with my name, and they can make it sound so poetical, even for a two-syllable name. I love those people. They are just random individuals, and I've never told them, for I think they'd just look at me weirdly and never call me by name again. But the other day I discovered another one of these people, hence this post.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the way they say my name, but more of the way I hear it. Sigh, I think it's the latter, meaning I'm just as weird as I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment